September 11, 2007

Where were you on September 11, 2001?

On September 11, 2001 two planes crashed into the world trade center. More than two thousand people lost their lives on that horrific day. Today when we talk about 9/11, people tend to ask, where were you on September 11, 2001?

I remember that day like it was yesterday. I was in the seventh grade when suddenly, the principal told all the students to report in the auditorium over the speaker. As I got there the principal came in with an expression on her face, like she just saw a ghost. Then she told us what was happening in the city. My mom came and picked me up early from school. In the car ride home, I realized that my dad work's near the World Trade. I was relieved when my mom told me that my dad was home. Luckily he works in the graveyard shift. After a week passed, I attended a couple of funerals. What I remember most was when I attended a funeral for a firefighter who helped me throughout my life.

Our memories of what happened on September 11, 2001 will always be with us forever.

No comments: